NUSEA works with local leaders to help launch programs in cities that we believe can sustain and grow strong organizations over time. NUSEA provides support by:
• Helping form partnerships with local schools and squash facilities
• Hiring the executive director and other staff
• Assisting startups to build an engaged and committed Board of Directors and donor-base, and to raise their first year’s operating budget
• Contributing, in select instances, challenge grants to help finance startups
• Traveling to startup cities to provide on the ground consultation
• Connecting startup programs to NUSEA’s network of established programs to share ideas and best practices
NUSEA is currently working to launch the Wilmington, Delaware-based program First State Squash in the fall of 2016.